Sunday 25 March 2012

Cardigan Heart


So I've released a new book! Cardigan Heart was drawn/written/coloured at the start of this year as a distraction from the chilly winter months and an outlet for the stories swirling around my head. The book (OK. Its a fancy zine) features short stories, some just a page and some are spreads, told through pictures and a few words which makes it a departure from Toska which was just image based. For me, this feels like a tentative step in a direction I'm really interested in. I guess it ties in with the Solo diary project in that respect, being about small snippets of life and general awkward honesty. 

  I'm pleased with it. As pleased as I allow myself to be at least and I hope you can humor me a little in this wee experiment. You can order the book HERE it'll start shipping this week with some kind of bonus freebie thrown in for good measure! 

If you want to get your hands on a copy and you're in the fine city of London you can pop by Pick Me Up at Somerset House where I will be ALL WEEK. You can find me in the Many Hands room faffing about, occasionally chatting to people and even more occasionally drawing. If you come by on tuesday of this week I'll be making some zines, on the spot, off the top of my head and you can join me in that venture if you fancy!



5 comments:

sheila said...

i'm so excited to see your cardigan heart book (love the title and also herringbone). best of luck at pick me up, wish i could visit, i miss england

Hazel Castle said...

This looks beautiful! I've added it to my list!

Catherine said...

I bought this at Pick Me Up today :)

I. Widiastuti said...

I can't wait until my pre-ordered copy arrived :) Congrats on the new zine, Lizzy. xx

ariana said...

Congrats! It looks great!:)