Thursday 4 September 2008

Darling Dont You Go And Cut Your Hair

I am in dire need of a haircut. I caught the back of my head in a mirror earlier and was shocked to see just how much my ridiculous mane has grown. I am so useless at the hairdressers (mainly because I have to take my glasses off which renders me completely oblivious to the world around me) and I never know what to do. I used to let my flatmate do it (she had no experience she just liked chopping away) but she's off on a global adventure so I really should suck it up and get it cut. Any suggestions?

(normal NON self indulgent posts will resume soon)

4 comments:

Olivia said...

I highly recommend DIY haircuts! I gave up paying £40 a pop at the hairdressers about a year ago - no regrets - I always get the style I want!

Enjoying reading your blog btw!

Clay Perry said...

shave it!

Jen Collins said...

i'm not a fan of the hairdressers either, i only tend to go about twice a year. i think the longest i went without getting one was a year, perhaps more! but i was growing my hair from a very short cut, so it was okay.
i don't know what to suggest, from the photo i personally think your hair looks rather nice!

Anonymous said...

i feel like my hair has done the exact same thing you describe lately, albeit on a slightly shorter level, and my fear of the hairdresser now stems from the fact that they speak a different language from me, which could be a potential recipe for disaster!
everybody always advises me to just be honest with them about exactly what you want, whether it's a lot taken off or entirely the opposite, so i don't know what else to say to you besides that, i'm sorry for the complete lack of useful information! ask for a consultation before they wash your hair and demand the removal of the necessary lenses! i'm sure they'd be perfectly happy to oblige?