Monday 19 January 2009

Brrrr



It's COLD today which makes me want to curl up in bed and watch films but sadly its not to be as I have so much to do right now it's unreal. On top of the children's book I was already working on (which is just two pages away from completion!) I've suddenly decided to do another. I had no idea I wanted to do children's books at all this year (or in fact ever) and now i'm doing two! On top of that I have a couple of cd cover jobs to do, the 'Bury My Heart' project to finish, volume 2 of I Am the Friction to sort out and I wanted to do a couple of book cover designs for my portfolio too. Urgh. It's going to be a busy few months.



When I wasn't gawping at the snow today I did manage to get some work done. This is an image for a product design collaboration brief. We had to come up with Edinburgh themed images for products (like ceramics and placemats and so on) to be sold in a design shop in the city. I like this one. Its super simple.



Finally more from that wretched children's book. So far I've drawn 191 figures for this book. Which is bewildering now that I think about it. The other book I'm doing is person free. Thank goodness. Anyway this was a spread I did today. I'm afraid its just a screen grab as the actual image is massive.

4 comments:

littlemithi said...

WOW! is all I can say ... really looking forward to seeing all the finalised finished projects! Good luck!

sHandke ART said...

I love the illustration from the children's book that you've shared there. Great work!

carolyn alexander said...

oh that last image is amazing!

Toujours Dimanche said...

Wonderful drawing! I like it very much. I keep looking your blog...