Thursday 9 April 2009

Grey Gardens



Grey Gardens is one of my favourite films. Its bizarre and funny and horribly sad, a fascinating film. When I heard a that the original documentary was being remade into a film with Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange I was aprehensive to say the least. How would two beautiful hollywood types pull off the ridiculously eccentric Edie and Little Edie? However I just saw the trailer (via Kitsune Noir) and I reckon they may well have succeeded. Drew Barrymore seems to have nailed it in every way, the similarities are astounding. I'm really excited to see this now. If you havent seen the original documentary I strongly recommend you track it down (and also that you listen to the song 'Grey Gardens' by Rufus Wainwright. Just cos it's nice like).

1 comment:

Ritva said...

thank you! i will.