Thursday 28 August 2008

This is Not A Song About A Train (thank god)



So yesterday I slogged through the nine hour journey back to Plymouth for a couple of weeks at home before term starts back in Edinburgh (final year! final year!). With my ipod deciding not to cooperate I decided to have a play around with scraps of scans I could find on my laptop and came up with the above image. I'm really quite pleased with it so far though it needs some tweaking. From here on in I shall only work on trains.

I'm off to End of the Road festival in a couple of weeks which I'm crazy excited about. The line up is flawless and the setting is amazing, i cant wait for the mountain goats, bowerbirds, bon iver, david thomas broughton and Akron/Family (and pretty much all the others. Seriously that line up. Swoon).

Stuart Kolakovic made a rug. Yet another reason why he is one of the most awesome illustrators in the UK. Head to his etsy shop for the rug and many other printed treats.


2 comments:

Jen Collins said...

the mountain goats! this must be the festival my boyfriend was talking about, as he's dying to see them. sounds swell!

mieke willems said...

what a nice nice nice rug!